1. Be a mom
2. Learn patience
3. Appreciate ankles (take a second to look down at yours...I bet they look fantastic!)
4. Appreciate the ability to move your body
5. Appreciate and desire the chance to regularly exercise
6. Learn humility
7. Appreciate (and desire!) a clean home - soon I will be able to clean my entire home again in 1 day! :)
8. Appreciate sleep - in any form really
9. Prepare for motherhood
10. Bond and develop a very deep love for my daughter
11. Learn more about my sacred role as a wife
12. Learn more about my sacred role as a mother
13. Learn more about my sacred role as a daughter
14. Appreciate my husband - all he does for me & how much he really does love me
15. Enjoy laughter
16. Begin to learn how to rely on my Savior
17. Pour my heart and soul out daily and often with my Father in Heaven
18. Look around and realize how many kind, kind people there are in this world
19. Enjoy feeling my daughter move inside of me - a daily miracle
20. Wonder at the Plan of Salvation and how true and real it is
21. Reflect and appreciate my own mother - I'm just beginning to realize all that she sacrificed for me
22. Reflect and appreciate my dad - watching my husband I realize that dad's sacrifice a lot too
23. Appreciate my mother-in-law. She sacrificed for my husband like my mom did for me
24. Appreciate my father-in-law. Ditto on the sacrificing part - he was, and is, a great father to my husband
25. Enjoy my husband talking and singing to our daughter - I love it when he leans down and says (in a sing-song voice) "Hello baby! This is your daddy!"
26. Realize what is truly important in my life
27. Appreciate temples on the earth. My daughter will be my daughter forever thanks to the amazing blessing of Jer and I being sealed together
28. Enjoy food - it's amazing how food sustains my child and myself!
29. Appreciate stretchy clothing
30. (this one might sound silly but...) appreciate skinny fingers - I miss wearing my wedding ring
31. Enjoy having a kingdom that consists of 4 regular pillows, 1 super fluffy pillow, and 1-2 smaller couch pillows - without those there is no hope for sleep!
32. Really appreciate water! I have become part fish because of the amount of water I drink!
33. Learn more about the miracle of life
34. Learn how to control my panic - it seems that every time we have a doctor's appointment I find something new to worry about. I think it's the first time mom syndrome...
35. Grow stronger in my testimony
36. Grow closer to my husband - can I mention it enough about how amazing he is?!?
37. Appreciate the ability to fit inside a booth at a restaurant - I no longer do...one day I will though
38. Buy adorable, cute, teensie-weensie baby clothes!
39. Hold a cute little infant diaper in my hands and think about the cute little tushy that will fit in it! (I ignore the idea of what will come out of that cute little tushy 10-12 times a day though!)
40. Sit in my rocker/glider in the baby's room and think about the time (which will be soon) that I get to rock my daughter with her in my arms
41. Learn from wonderful friends the secrets of motherhood
This list could go on and on...and it probably should. Yea for motherhood! Yea for an incredible eternal plan that is so perfect and sacred!
“Yours is the grand tradition of Eve, the mother of all the human family. … Yours is the grand tradition of Sarah and Rebekah and Rachel, without whom there could not have been those magnificent patriarchal promises to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob which bless us all. Yours is the grand tradition of Lois and Eunice and the mothers of the 2,000 stripling warriors. Yours is the grand tradition of Mary, chosen and foreordained from before this world was, to conceive, carry, and bear the Son of God himself” (Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, “ ‘Because She Is a Mother,’ ” Ensign, May 1997, 36).
2. Learn patience
3. Appreciate ankles (take a second to look down at yours...I bet they look fantastic!)
4. Appreciate the ability to move your body
5. Appreciate and desire the chance to regularly exercise
6. Learn humility
7. Appreciate (and desire!) a clean home - soon I will be able to clean my entire home again in 1 day! :)
8. Appreciate sleep - in any form really
9. Prepare for motherhood
10. Bond and develop a very deep love for my daughter
11. Learn more about my sacred role as a wife
12. Learn more about my sacred role as a mother
13. Learn more about my sacred role as a daughter
14. Appreciate my husband - all he does for me & how much he really does love me
15. Enjoy laughter
16. Begin to learn how to rely on my Savior
17. Pour my heart and soul out daily and often with my Father in Heaven
18. Look around and realize how many kind, kind people there are in this world
19. Enjoy feeling my daughter move inside of me - a daily miracle
20. Wonder at the Plan of Salvation and how true and real it is
21. Reflect and appreciate my own mother - I'm just beginning to realize all that she sacrificed for me
22. Reflect and appreciate my dad - watching my husband I realize that dad's sacrifice a lot too
23. Appreciate my mother-in-law. She sacrificed for my husband like my mom did for me
24. Appreciate my father-in-law. Ditto on the sacrificing part - he was, and is, a great father to my husband
25. Enjoy my husband talking and singing to our daughter - I love it when he leans down and says (in a sing-song voice) "Hello baby! This is your daddy!"
26. Realize what is truly important in my life
27. Appreciate temples on the earth. My daughter will be my daughter forever thanks to the amazing blessing of Jer and I being sealed together
28. Enjoy food - it's amazing how food sustains my child and myself!
29. Appreciate stretchy clothing
30. (this one might sound silly but...) appreciate skinny fingers - I miss wearing my wedding ring
31. Enjoy having a kingdom that consists of 4 regular pillows, 1 super fluffy pillow, and 1-2 smaller couch pillows - without those there is no hope for sleep!
32. Really appreciate water! I have become part fish because of the amount of water I drink!
33. Learn more about the miracle of life
34. Learn how to control my panic - it seems that every time we have a doctor's appointment I find something new to worry about. I think it's the first time mom syndrome...
35. Grow stronger in my testimony
36. Grow closer to my husband - can I mention it enough about how amazing he is?!?
37. Appreciate the ability to fit inside a booth at a restaurant - I no longer do...one day I will though
38. Buy adorable, cute, teensie-weensie baby clothes!
39. Hold a cute little infant diaper in my hands and think about the cute little tushy that will fit in it! (I ignore the idea of what will come out of that cute little tushy 10-12 times a day though!)
40. Sit in my rocker/glider in the baby's room and think about the time (which will be soon) that I get to rock my daughter with her in my arms
41. Learn from wonderful friends the secrets of motherhood
This list could go on and on...and it probably should. Yea for motherhood! Yea for an incredible eternal plan that is so perfect and sacred!
“Yours is the grand tradition of Eve, the mother of all the human family. … Yours is the grand tradition of Sarah and Rebekah and Rachel, without whom there could not have been those magnificent patriarchal promises to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob which bless us all. Yours is the grand tradition of Lois and Eunice and the mothers of the 2,000 stripling warriors. Yours is the grand tradition of Mary, chosen and foreordained from before this world was, to conceive, carry, and bear the Son of God himself” (Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, “ ‘Because She Is a Mother,’ ” Ensign, May 1997, 36).
No comments:
Post a Comment