WE HAD OUR ULTRASOUND!
At 9:00am we went to the doctor's for our first ultrasound. Our ultrasound technician (Jan) was so very fun! We explained to her how we wanted to find out: Jer first, and I'm waiting till my birthday (on Sunday). She laughed and said she didn't see how I was going to wait until Sunday.
Everything with the ultrasound went wonderfully. Everything was perfect!
Here are the cutest pictures of the cutest baby ever!
This is the profile shot - it's my favorite! I LOVE this child of mine already! Seeing her/him on the ultrasound monitor was so very amazing! Humbling and exhilirating all at the same time.
First footprint shot...
This is my favorite footprint shot - the baby weighs 1lb - can you imagine how absolutely DARLING those little feet are inside the womb right now? Precious - absolutely precious!
Jan titled this picture "Hi Mom!" because it is a direct shot of the face - actually, I think it's a little ugly! :) I laugh because it doesn't look like a baby's face - it's the skeleton baby shot. This picture is why the profile picture is my favorite! :)

These next pictures are the legs - I can't wait for the baby to come and see those little chubby baby legs for real! :) Apparently, this darling baby of mine had his/her legs pulled up so the feet were by the face. Look how cute those little legs are!!!
More legs...
And another leg shot...
I can't get over how cute these little legs are!

We also kept laughing during the ultrasound because, apparently, our little darling is going to be a swimmer! She/he had one arm tucked up so the hand was by his/her face while the other arm was behind the body, in a mid-swimming stroke position! How cute is this little darling! Now, all of this (hand by face, other arm in swimming position, feet tucked up by the head) was all done while this sweet, sweet child was sleeping on his/her tummy! She/he's a tummy sleeper just like her/his parents! (Jer & I both sleep on our stomachs)
The other arm...
Another arm...

All of these shots were taken before Jan and Jer found out the gender of the baby. When it was time she had me close my eyes while Jer watched. It was soooo hard! Especially when they started laughing! Suddenly Jan said that our baby was a little exhibitionist! Apparently, he/she had her/his bum sticking up in the air with the legs wide open to the knees, then coming together again at the feet. How cute! Jer kept laughing and said there was absolutely no doubt about the gender! I simply cannot wait until Sunday to find out what we're having! :) I'm going to have to wait though!
First footprint shot...
This is my favorite footprint shot - the baby weighs 1lb - can you imagine how absolutely DARLING those little feet are inside the womb right now? Precious - absolutely precious!
Jan titled this picture "Hi Mom!" because it is a direct shot of the face - actually, I think it's a little ugly! :) I laugh because it doesn't look like a baby's face - it's the skeleton baby shot. This picture is why the profile picture is my favorite! :)
These next pictures are the legs - I can't wait for the baby to come and see those little chubby baby legs for real! :) Apparently, this darling baby of mine had his/her legs pulled up so the feet were by the face. Look how cute those little legs are!!!
More legs...
And another leg shot...
I can't get over how cute these little legs are!
We also kept laughing during the ultrasound because, apparently, our little darling is going to be a swimmer! She/he had one arm tucked up so the hand was by his/her face while the other arm was behind the body, in a mid-swimming stroke position! How cute is this little darling! Now, all of this (hand by face, other arm in swimming position, feet tucked up by the head) was all done while this sweet, sweet child was sleeping on his/her tummy! She/he's a tummy sleeper just like her/his parents! (Jer & I both sleep on our stomachs)
The other arm...
Another arm...
All of these shots were taken before Jan and Jer found out the gender of the baby. When it was time she had me close my eyes while Jer watched. It was soooo hard! Especially when they started laughing! Suddenly Jan said that our baby was a little exhibitionist! Apparently, he/she had her/his bum sticking up in the air with the legs wide open to the knees, then coming together again at the feet. How cute! Jer kept laughing and said there was absolutely no doubt about the gender! I simply cannot wait until Sunday to find out what we're having! :) I'm going to have to wait though!
My mom was been really funny to talk to this week. She's not happy (in a teasing way) about having to wait to know what her first grandchild will be. She kept texting Jer, trying to get him to tell her what it was! My favorite text between the two went something like this:
MOM: "What color are you going to paint the nursery?"
JER: "White."
MOM: "Oh! It's for an angel! It's a girl!"
JER: "Angel Moroni was a boy..."
MOM: "You are a smarty pants!"
I'm excited to call and break the news to everyone! I PROMISED my mom that she would be the first person I called. She wants me to sing a song for the gender, "Girls just wanna have fun" or "My guy". If it was twins (which it's definitely not), I was supposed to recite the nursery rhyme, "Jack and Jill". I'm excited to see what song I get to sing to my mom!
Anyways - I had better go since this email is now novel length. I'm just so excited for this sweetheart inside!
5 comments:
Well I'm officially totally disappointed! You must have some unusual power to not want to know the gender...we'll be waiting to hear!
Congrats again! That's exciting news.
YAY! I'm excited to know what you're having too! So, do you realize our little Preston was born at one pound?? The size of your babe!!!! So crazy! Couldn't help but think that when I read he/she weighs about a pound.
Okay, it's MONDAY! Brad and I are waiting to hear what you're having! :) Congrats guys! This is so fun!
Brad and Bekah
oh, how exciting! I'm so happy for you. Did you know Samantha is having a baby too. I love babies.
Post a Comment